Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bedroom Decor











I really wanted to decorate our apartment the day we moved in, even though I know we wouldn't be here for too long. My mom has always decorated no matter where we lived, reinforcing that no matter what your surroundings may be, make it feel like you live there. I wanted my apartment to be more than a step up from a dorm or my old bedroom. On the other hand, when we moved in, Eddie was a full time student working as a tutor, and I was just a barista. I decided I could wait and wait until one day when Eddie and I had careers to start decorating, or I could make do with what we had now. I decided on the latter. I went to flea markets, auctions, estate sales, and craigslist to fill our house with beautiful, misshapen goods. In the end, I'm glad I didn't have the money to buy brand new things. It turned out beautifully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment