Thursday, August 16, 2012

Plumfiggitz



Ahhhhhh! First off, apologies for the not-so-superb lighting for these photos. Part of me says, "Don't post it, Brittany! Don't even think about it!" And the other part of me says, "You didn't post last night. You're thinking about not posting tonight. This is just going to spiral out of control. Don't do that to yourself." So then I compromise with myself, "Okay, just tacky photos for one night. No big deal. Breathe. Breathe." And you know how right before you turn in the crappiest assignment you ever worked on you tell the teacher, "Well, first I got hit by a car, then my apartment caught fire due to the Mac N' Cheese my room mate made, and my great-great-great aunt (twice removed) passed away this weekend, so here is this piece of crap. Sorry." Gah. This is my "excuse." Eddie and his friend, Alex, were working on a home brew tonight that they're calling "Plumfiggitz." (I really like the name. It has plum notes topped off with fig, hence the name.) In honor of their beer, I'm wearing a bold pair of plum colored pants. While they brewed, I frantically worked on my Renaissance costume because I realized, last night, that the festival was less than a month away. Less than a month away! Oh, I only started on this costume in May. No big deal. One little detail... I haven't even begun Eddie's costume. Don't feel sorry for me. I do this to myself. I wait and wait and wait, and yet, I'm always utterly shocked when the deadline is right under my nose. Silly me. Happy Thursday, folks! Tomorrow, I promise better photos. Cross my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment