Sunday, September 23, 2012

Autumn's Orchard



To Our Friends,

I am so in love with barns. Barns of all colors, shapes, and functions. Barns with corn silos or stacked full of hay. Eddie and I took a Sunday drive through Hickory Pennsylvania just to swoon over all the pretty farms. I'd like to have a farm one day - minus the cows and horses. I'd like to be a beekeeper with a vegetable garden and an orchard. I'd keep little chickens in my garden; I might even incubate chicks in my classroom as a science project. And deep in the forest, I'd have a stone cottage with smoke billowing from the chimney and a pot of tea on the stove. Maybe I'd live close enough to school to ride my bike -- can't a girl have the best of both worlds? I might even have llamas if I got brave enough to have such a large animal (that's a large animal to me). 

For now, we still live happily above a restaurant with a utility closet that always smells of delicious BBQ pulled pork. Eddie walks to work, and I drive Buzz (our car) up and over the hill to the college campus. We grow some herbs and plants on our back porch and have a batch of pumpkin beer brewing in our closet (not the utility closet). 

I was going to make an apple pie this weekend, but I had a huge pumpkin pie bagel with cheesecake cream cheese icing. And last night my mom made gooey peanut butter brownies. I should probably take it easy on the sugar. 

Oh, thrifting was a success! Another 30 books were added to my children's literature collection.

Love, 
Peppercorn

No comments:

Post a Comment